Gekko was co-founded, in 1996, in Avoca, Victoria, Australia.
Gekko started out producing InLine Pressure Jigs for continuous gravity separation. Yet growing demand for energy-efficient devices spurred Gekko to re-invent and advance traditional processing flowsheets.
Innovative modular designs, elegant systems and smart manufacturing launched Gekko as a world technical leader in gold processing and low-energy mining solutions.
To transform mining and the environment.
Gekko Systems is a company dedicated to driving change in the global minerals processing industry.
We have established a recognised leadership for developing cost-effective and beneficial equipment for a range of mineral sectors, including gold, diamonds, tin and tantalum.
The people at Gekko have a passion for innovation and this is at the heart of Gekko’s team approach to development. Working closely with our clients and solving their problems often leads to exciting new developments.
“We recognise that achieving excellence is all about having the right information and the right processes, but mostly it’s about having the right people.”
Gekko’s commitment is reflected in the following award wins:
- Australian Export Award, Minerals, Energy and Related Services, 2016
- Governor of Victoria Export Award, Minerals, Energy and Related Services, 2016
- International Mining Technology Hall of Fame, Concentration, Sandy Gray, 2015
- Coalition for Energy Efficient Comminution Medal, Pre-concentration, Nigel Grigg and Georges Delemontex, 2015
- Mining Magazine Award, Environmental Excellence, 2013
- Australian Premiers Award, Premiers Design Award, 2010
- CGU Ballarat Business Excellence Awards, Business of the Year Award 2009
- CGU Ballarat Business Excellence Awards, Innovation and Technology Award, 2009
- CGU Ballarat Business Excellence Awards, Export Award, 2009
- Australian Mining Prospects Awards, Minerals Processing Plant of the Year, Highly Commended, 2008
- Warren Centre For Advanced Engineering, Innovation Hero Award, 2007
- Australian Mining Prospects Awards, Minerals Processing Plant of the Year, Highly Commended, 2006
- Mining Magazine Award, Benefication, 2005
- Ernst & Young Awards, Entrepreneur of the Year, Technology, Communications, E-Commerce & Life Sciences, Southern Region, 2005
- Inducted into the Manufacturing Hall of Fame, 2004
- Best Early Stage Category Award, Australian Venture Capital Awards, 2003
- CGU Ballarat Business Excellence Awards, Innovation Award, 2003
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50, 2003
- Telstra and Australian Government Small Business Cisco Innovation Award, 2002
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50, 2002
- Clunies Ross National Science and Technology Award (AH Gray), 2002
- Governor of Victoria Export Award, Minerals Section, 2000
- AusIMM Mineral Operating Technique Award (AH Gray), 1998
- Australian Emerging Micro Business Award, 1998
Sandy Gray is co-founder and Technical Director of Gekko Systems, and is responsible for the Technical, Sales, and Research and Development teams. He has a background in mine management and over 35 years’ experience in mining and mineral processing operations, having invented his first jig at 17 years of age in the Curnamona Basin in South Australia.
Sandy is a recipient of the prestigious Clunies Ross Award, Australia’s pre-eminent award for scientists, technologists and innovators. Other awards he has received include the AusIMM Mineral Operating Technique Award, the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Technology, Communications, E-commerce & Life Sciences – Southern Region), the Victorian Premier’s Design Award in 2010 for the Python low height modular plant and received the Professional Excellence Award 2017 The AusIMM
Elizabeth Lewis-Gray is co-founder and Chairman of Gekko Systems, based in Ballarat, Victoria. Gekko is a world leader in gold and silver processing technology, and energy (processing) efficient modular plants, designing, construction and operation. The company was established in 1996 and in addition to its head office in Ballarat, has offices in Perth, Vancouver, and Johannesburg.
Elizabeth was inducted into the Australian Businesswoman’s Hall of Fame in 2000, is a Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA), and has won several awards including the Warren Centre’s Innovation Heroes Award. In 2015, Elizabeth was nominated and listed in the Australian Financial Review’s “100 Women of Influence Award”.
Gekko in the Community
Gekko’s global reputation for providing solutions and making a difference extends to nurturing proactive teams and supporting personal development in local communities.
Gekko in the Environment
Through world technical leadership and a direct focus on the environment, Gekko are leaders in developing and operating energy-efficient mineral processing technologies.
Gekko in the World
Gekko deliver step-change benefits, on a global scale, through innovative mining solutions. Successful installations rely on Gekko’s strong design, development and support services.
“Only through embracing smart ideas together we can transform our world”
At Gekko we believe in collaboration. We work “Smarter Together” with our mission to “transform mining and the environment”.
As a company we have invested the time of over sixty of our outstanding people to better understand what makes us tick. …what we believe in and what drives us to be world’s best. What we discovered is that our team is passionate about transforming mining and the environment for the better and that working collaboratively is necessary to achieve our goals and those of our partners. This is how our full Gekko Systems corporate manifesto or belief was born ..
The Gekko Manifesto/Belief …” only by embracing smart ideas together can we transform our world”
We have summarised this belief in our tag line “smarter together”. It seems obvious to us that to achieve meaningful change, we have to work together.